Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lonely Boots

A soaring afternoon. My lonely boots are missing again, so I can't go out to play. They're blue and white, the colors of Winter's longing. I pass down silently on streets of ever past and I wonder what I left along the way. Footprints, memories, pointless belongings, lovers, friends. Everything my heart is full of. Hope. Is that the word? Hope. I read that word and it makes my heart beat faster, the same feeling when I hear the name of the nameless namer. Strange. This feeling inside of me. I long for it to escape and fill the world with darkness and light. I pause. I remember. The world is already full of darkness and light. Strain my eyes to see. Strain my eyes to understand. A bell chimes in the distance. The sound of flowing water. I smile. My lonely boots are still missing. I must have given them to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment